I Have Been Tanning in the Tanning Bed Can I Still Have MiXto CO2 Laser Treatment Done??

Tanning can increase risk of post-treatment pigmentation after laser resurfacing

+1

Having history of extensive tanning may predispose one to have greater risk of post-treatment pigmentation after laser resurfacing. It is advisable that you stop tanning for at least 3-6 months, undergo pre-op treatment involving combination of topical tretinoin and hydroquinone for at least few weeks prior to Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Recent UV light exposure or Tanning will increase your risks for complications after Laser resurfacing

+1

Hi there-

The Mixto laser represents the state of the art in laser resurfacing for improvement in facial skin appearance, but even with this powerful tool complications are possible, and precautions and good practice need to be attended to...

If you have been in the sun or tanning using artificial light, you are not a candidate for resurfacing until a suitable period of time has elapsed for your skin to be less sensitized (Ask your surgeon or dermatologist when they think you'll be ready).

Armando Soto, MD, FACS