Will Tanning in a Solarium Prevent Freckles?

Hi, my skin is naturally very white and i have a fair amount of freckles on my shoulders, arms and legs but nothing major. I don't really have any freckles on my face but when i lay in the sun to try and tan i just go red and my freckles get darker. I'm wondering if a solarium will work for me? And what's the best solarium machine to use?

Easy answer: NO!

+2

Ultraviolet light, whether natural from the sun, or artificial from UV parlors, stimulates the pigment producing cells and increases your risk of unwanted freckling. This is in addition to increasing your risk of skin cancers and premature aging of the skin.

New Orleans Dermatologist