Tanning After Open Rhino?

So I had an open and closed Rhinoplasty on December 20. My doctor told me to tape my nose daily until Feb 20, and when I saw him Feb 20, he told me to tape my nose for another 3 " 3weeks " because I did not tape my nose right. The first 3 weeks daily, the second three weeks once every 2 days, and the third 3 weeks only at night. I am currently still in the first 3 weeks. Is it okay if I go tanning, but not sun tan, I mean bed tanning?

Tanning After Open Rhino?

+1

It's best that you follow the post Rhinoplasty instructions from your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Tanning after rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend limiting exposure to direct sunlight following rhinoplasty for at least 6 months. If you absolutely need to be in the sun, you should use a high spf sunscreen, which is generally advised all of the time. A protective hat is an option as well. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Tanning after Open Rhinoplasty

+1

I would not recommend exposure of the area to bed tanning or sun tanning for a year or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Limiting excess sun exposure after open rhinoplasty

+1

In general, it's not a great idea to expose your incision from open rhinoplasty to excess sunlight.  It will tend to hyperpigment, meaning it will become darker than the surrounding skin, and thus may potentially be more visible.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD