Can Rhinoplasty Correct Asymmetry As a Result of Mohs Surgery? My Left Nostril is Dented In.

My left nostril has a dented appearance and has none of the natural curve of the right.

Can Rhinoplasty Correct Asymmetry As a Result of Mohs Surgery?

+1

Thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty would likely not correct this physical result. This type of an outcome would be better served after evaluation by a surgeon for potential corrective surgery or scar revision surgery versus potential plastic surgery. I would recommend further evaluation and discussion with your surgeon. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Nasal Deformity

+1

Consult with a Board Cerified Plastic Surgeon to discuss scar revision /  reconstruction for your nasal deformity.  There are surgical procedures to correct your problem.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Nasal deformity

+1

I would suggest you discuss scar revision options with a board certified plastic surgeon. There should be surgical alternatives to correct your problem.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fixing nostril after Mohs surgery

+1

Remember the best thing here is that the cancer is gone! I don't know how long it's been since your Mohs and I usually suggest people wait about 6 months for any kind of reconstructive procedures, but you could see a plastic surgeon for a consultation and try reshaping the nostril, or if it's just a dent, you could also have a very small amount of filler (probably Restylane) put in there. The Restylane could be done by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, but just make sure you pick a doctor who is board-certified.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD