Can Rhinoplasty Correct Asymmetry As a Result of Mohs Surgery? My Left Nostril is Dented In.

My left nostril has a dented appearance and has none of the natural curve of the right.

Can Rhinoplasty Correct Asymmetry As a Result of Mohs Surgery?

Thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty would likely not correct this physical result. This type of an outcome would be better served after evaluation by a surgeon for potential corrective surgery or scar revision surgery versus potential plastic surgery. I would recommend further evaluation and discussion with your surgeon. I hope this helps.

Nasal Deformity

Consult with a Board Cerified Plastic Surgeon to discuss scar revision /  reconstruction for your nasal deformity.  There are surgical procedures to correct your problem.

Nasal deformity

I would suggest you discuss scar revision options with a board certified plastic surgeon. There should be surgical alternatives to correct your problem.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fixing nostril after Mohs surgery

Remember the best thing here is that the cancer is gone! I don't know how long it's been since your Mohs and I usually suggest people wait about 6 months for any kind of reconstructive procedures, but you could see a plastic surgeon for a consultation and try reshaping the nostril, or if it's just a dent, you could also have a very small amount of filler (probably Restylane) put in there. The Restylane could be done by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, but just make sure you pick a doctor who is board-certified.