What's the Most Effective (Long-term) Treatment to Tighten/smooth Skin and Get Rid of Fat in Specific Areas?

I am 45 yo female, 5'4", 125 lbs. I am relatively thin but have large fat deposits on my hips and pretty noticeable cellulite. I eat pretty healthy (no fast food, no fried food, not much meat, lots of fruits & veggies, drink tons of water), and exercise 5-6 days/wk but have seen little reduction in the hip area and cellulite almost seems to be getting worse. There are so many treatments available now, I find it very difficult to compare them all.

Cellulaze or other nonsurgical cellulite treatment not liposuction is bestfor cellulite

+1

Thank you for your question. Liposuction will not improve cellulitis and in some cases can make it worse. There are many nonsurgical options proposed for treatment of cellulite but most do not work. Cellulaze as mentioned by others can be helpful.

Best treatment for heavy hips

+1

Thank you for asking about the best treatment for heavy hips and cellulite.

1. PAL liposuction remains the best treatment in my opinion,
  2. Laser and other special liposuctions add cost but rarely improve results,
  3. The ND Yag 1440 Cellulaze laser is FDA approved for cellulite treatment treatment - it breaks down the fibers that cause cellulite. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1

Pictures or an exam would be helpful to evaluate the appropriateness of surgery.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

The best option for Cellulite is the Cellulaze.  It is the only cellulite treatment that gives long lasting result.  We can also do Smart Lipo at same time to treat any fat deposits.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Cellutie treatment

+1

Cellulite is best treated with Cellulase, a laser treatment designed to actually treat the cause of celluilte. It can be combined with laser, smart liposuction, to remove budges of fat as well. I would suggest finding a board certified plastic surgeon who does these treatments, and discuss your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon