What Are my Best Options? (photo)

Hi, I am very young looking for my age overall except for my double chin (hereditary) and lines on my neck/chin both horizontal and vertical. I would appreciate any advice or a range of options that would help improve my look. I would like to wait 5 years if possible for a face or neck lift. Are there any treatments for vertical lines (photo 2)? Would chin lipo help somewhat or is a face or neck lift my best option? Thank you very much.

Neck lift options

+3

Horizontal neck bands (also known as flexion creases) are rarely improved with surgery but Botox and fillers can help.  Vertical bands from skin and muscle laxity typically require surgery to correct.

What Are my Best Options?

+2
A lower face and neck lift may be the best option to remove the excess skin and the vertical wrinkling.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Best Options for Improving Neck

+2

There are 3 factors to consider in improving your neck.  From the photos, it appears that you have extra fat under the chin causing fullness there, loose muscle bands creating the vertical ridges in the front of your neck, and probably some degree of loose skin.  The amount of loose skin is critical in deciding whether you need a neck lift.  If your skin is not that loose, then the fat can be removed by liposuction and the muscle bands smoothed out with suture tightening, all performed under local anesthesia in the office through a short incision under your chin.  However, if your skin is too loose to redrape smoothly upward following the improved contour of the tightened muscles and reduced fat, then you would need a more extensive neck lift performed from behind the ears.  The horizontal creases on the neck are very difficult to improve, as neck skin tightening is directed horizontally, in the direction of the creases.  It is possible that light chemical peeling or some type of light-based treatment can improve these horizontal skin texture lines.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Options for neck aging

+2

After examination of your photographs, I would recommend a neck lift. Liposuction only may uncover and therefore worsen the vertical neck chords.

Other non-surgical treatments such as Botox, Dysport, fillers and Ultherapy can be considered if you would like to wait with surgery. Of course, these treatment could not rival the results that can only be achieved with a necklift.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I ready for a Neck Lift?

+2

There are a couple of factors contributing to what you don't like about your neck. There is excess fat, soft tissue descent contributing to jowling, and loosening of the muscles causing the vertical "bands." The best option to address these issues is a neck lift which will incorporate liposuction, corset tightening of the muscles, and lifting of the skin.  

As to whether you should wait a couple of years to have surgery, this is a question that only you can answer. In my opinion, if your appearance can be improved now, why wait. Start loving the way you look now.

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift options

+2

Thanks very much for your question.  I think based on your photos a full neck lift would be able to address all of your various issues.  You have platysmal banding, fatty deposits and howling.  All of these will be corrected with a full neck lift.  Hope that helps to answer your question.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best option for neck issues

+2

The photos show fatty deposits in the neck, platysmal banding, jowls, and  loose neck skin. The best option is a comprehensive lower face neck lift. A lower facelift will address tightening the jowls and loose facial and neck skin, tightening the platysmal muscle, and removal of the fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle

Best options for lower face and neck sagging.

+2

A lower face/neck lift with liposuction is required now to keep looking young. It can be done easily under local anesthesia for $6,000 and could look great and natural.  Waiting doesn't make any sense when the neck/jawline is overdue already. Fillers and ultherapy would be a waste of money. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the best option for my neck

+2

From your picture you have muscle sagging in the neck referred to as platysmal banding as well as howling over the jawline with some excess fat just below the chin. Your most effective option would be a facelift with a combined necklift and lipocontouring of the neck. Ulthera would be another option however it is not as effective as surgery.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Double chin and lines in neck.

+2

You would get the best result with a face-neck lift with liposuction for the excess fat but not so as to "skeletonize" your neck . See an experienced facelift surgeon for the best results.