Is my nose asymmetry due to internal scar tissue, uneven cartilage refinement, or poor surgery? (Photo)

I am 6 weeks post. I think the right side has 1 mm extra cartilage than left side- makes the nose appear more crooked. The nose tip slightly curves to the left, makes the previously uneven nostrils "more" uneven than before the surgery. I also did not ask for him to rotate the tip/angle of my nose. I asked that 1mm total be reduced on the sides of the tip. He added tip support, but did he have to change the tip angle? Would this surgery be considered an improvement from my old nose?

Minor asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1
I would caution you to wait at least 6 months after your procedure before you see the final results. Often times small amounts of asymmetry will improve over time and occasionally can even be treated during the healing process. I would maintain regular follow-up with your surgeon. Your nose does at this time appear to be improved from your preoperative state.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty.

+1
Six weeks is too early to judge results.  From the pictures it looks as though the dorsal hump was properly contoured.

Give yourself 3-6 months for all swelling to resolve and for all the details of the tip cartilage surgery to manifest themselves.  If you have an concerns about the results at that point discuss them with your surgeon.  It is helpful for this discussion to have pre- and post-op pictures side-by-side.

The biggest risk with rhinoplasty is cosmetic dissatisfaction, and the need for a "touch-up" would not be unheard of.  Revision surgery is much more complex, though, so be sure the benefit of a minor correction is worth the increased risk.  

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Good Rhinoplasty Result

+1
Your current nose is an improvement from your original nose in my professional opinion. Your tip appears less bulbous, your bridge is nice and straight with no bump, your projection and rotation are improved and feminine compared to before surgery photos. You must be patient as it takes between 12 to 18 months before you will see your final result, and 6 weeks post surgery is too early to judge your final result. You also must have realistic expectations since surgeons can create an improvement in your nose but cannot control swelling or healing of your tissues. As a result it is impossible to create perfection. Be patient and look at the big picture improvement instead of focusing on millimetres of differences. Follow up with your surgeon and if there are any concerns he or she will surely wish to address them for you to help you to be happy with your new nose. 

Kristina Zakhary, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Calgary Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my nose asymmetry due to internal scar tissue, uneven cartilage refinement, or poor surgery?

+1
    It is difficult to make a determination about the final result at 6 weeks.

Los Angeles, CA....

Nasal asymmetry

+1
At 6 weeks post op it is way too early to judge your final result.  Be patient but if there is no change a fix is possible

Dt Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
Seriously! talk about seeing a nice result... Minor swelling issues are still present. But the result looks so much better than your befores!!!

Nasal asymmetry

+1
Yes, noses are asymmetric.  It is probably evident in the same view in your prep photos as well. Ii would have to see you in person to see if there is anything to improve it.