7 months post op - Would you consider my implants bottomed out? (photos)

Not sure if my implants have bottomed out? It's almost 7 months post op (Nov 13 2013) and I don't feel the top is firm enough it just feels kind of empty. What will correct this? I had the lollipop lift with mod profile implants. Thanks! (Tried my best taking a good picture)

Bottoming out 7 months after breast lift and augmentation with implants

+2
Thank you for your question.  It does appear that your breast implant volume has descended lower beneath your nipple areola and you have lost upper pole fullness.  Correction will likely involve a revision which utilizes a supportive sling of acellular dermis such as Alloderm or other mesh device.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Bottoming out implants

+1
It appears as though your implants have settled into a very natural position.  However, if you want them higher you may need to go with larger, higher profile implant.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast implant bottoming out?

+1
Thank you for your breast implant and breast lift question.
  • It looks as though your breast lift hasn't held up, which can happen,
  • It doesn't have to be corrected but will look nicer if it is.
  • You probably need a breast lift revision with a supportive sling, usually with acellular dermal matrix (ADM)
  • This can be expensive but it is important to discuss with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Bottom out

+1
"Bottoming out " is a relative term as you can see by the responses that have already been posted. If you are happy, there is nothing to do. If you feel the implants and/or your breasts are too low then removing more skin, tightening the internal pocket, reinforcing with ADM, and fat grafting  are all possibilities.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

LIft and some bottoming out

+1
You look like you have some bottoming out.  various technqiues can correct this including a small excision  of tissue along the lower pole. 

Bottoming Out

+1
Yes you appear to have bottomed out or have a pseudo ptosis.   This can be corrected with the Hall Findlay approach of pillar approximation after medial tissue resection.  Only a little tissue needs removed and this will correct your problem.    This is a common problem.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Bottomed Out after Aug and lift

+1
Thank you for your pictures. I don't know if your bottom out. The implant doesn't seem significantly below the nipple but it's fairly close. I certainly think that you can improve your breast shape by relifting the breasts and providing internal support (STRATTICEĀ®)

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Bottoming Out vs. Glandular Ptosis

+1
Bottoming out is when the implant pushes past the natural fold of the breast/ chest wall, and gives the appearance that the nipple sits higher and higher on the breast itself.  In your case, based on your pictures, it looks like your folds are in good position.  Your breasts have some ptosis that causes them to hang over the fold to a small degree, but this is not considered bottoming out.  To achieve more upper pole fullness, you may need to change the profile of the implant to a more projecting implant, as well as support the lower pole tissues by revising the lift or adding internal support to get the implant higher.  I would consult with your plastic surgeon and see what they recommend.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

+1
well, bottoming out is a process. We don't have pictures of how you looked right after surgery so we can't say if they have changed. You certainly need to wait a while until the breasts are stable.
 If the implants are low you can remedy them a number of ways as my colleagues have said.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question. From the pictures that you submitted it appears that you had a mastopexy augmentation. Breast lift, or mastopexy is a surgery performed by a plastic surgeons to raise and reshape sagging breasts. If your breasts are small or have lost volume, breast implants inserted in conjunction with mastopexy can increase both firmness and size, however performing both at the same time does increase the risk of complications inherent with the combined procedure. I would make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon