Should I Have Mole Shaved Again?

I have had this mole shaved a few times it is never really gone though and I think it is coming back. It is slightly raised. Do you think I should have it shaved again or cut for good? It is right in between my eyes so it really bothers me and I have even tried bangs but it didn't help and they looked horrible lol. People always ask my if I got a shot there or if I have a pimple.

Recurring mole after shave removal

If you're not happy with the results of the shave removal it's entirely reasonable to consider excision - although it could also be reasonable to have it shaved again, although a little deeper this time to prevent it growing back raised. Deep shaves are more likely to clear the mole more satisfactorily, although they take a little longer to heal and have a slightly increased risk of scarring because more of the dermal (regenerative) cells are taken from the area.

Generally I find that if a mole is very noticeable to you that you will find the results of an excision satisfactory, as a well healed scar is usually much less noticeable than a prominent mole. There are a variety of techniques that can be used to minimise the visibility of scars in prominent areas. Good luck with your enquiries and decision!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

549 Bridge Road
Richmond, Victoria 3121

Mole removal

If the mole is growing back, certainly you can have the mole shaved again or for a complete removal you may consider surgical excision of the mole.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Shaving a mole

A shave is only a sample of the superficial cells and will almost always leave a some naevus cells in the deeper layers of the skin.  I think you can have it removed permanently if you have it excised.  There will be minimal scarring longer term.

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

767 Mt Alexander Road
Moonee Ponds, VIC 3039

Simple technique for mole removal

You may be a candidate for simple mole excision with layered closure to remove the mole. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403