Should I l be swollen in upper tummy area and still need to wear compression garment for comfort after 16 weeks?

I had a tt, muscle repair and lipo on the flanks on 3/28/14. I am still feel very swollen in the upper part of my tummy. When this was discussed with the ps. I was advised to lose 10 pounds and do sit-ups and other exercise routines. I am currently still wearing Spanx garments due to the pressure and uncomfortable feeling that I get when the garment is off. Are these symptoms a normal part of healing or do I need to see another ps for another opinion?

Concerns with contour after tummy tuck

+1
Four months after surgery the results are pretty stable. Garment to use at this point is useless. Weight-loss strategy is reasonable but revision surgery may be another measure that needs to be discussed.

Upper abdominal bulge 4 months after an abdominoplasty

+1
If you have an area of fullness of the upper abdomen at 4 months post op then this may be residual fat.   An exam would be necessary to tell if additional liposuction would be beneficial to smooth this down.  For safety reasons this may not have been liposuctioned at the original surgery.  

+1
At 16 weeks you are 99% healed so try losing weight and exercising are great alternatives. Seek IN PERSON opinions.. 

Use of a compression garment after abdominoplasty is guided by the plastic surgeon.

+1
Most plastic surgeons use compressive garments after body contouring surgery. Their ultimate benefit is not been determined but it's a small sacrifice to where these. Final resolution of swelling will take a number of months.