Have Had Previous Fillers. Now I Have a Sunken Place on the Lower Outside Part of my Eyes?

I have gotten filler under my eyes and my cheekbones in the past. What would be the best solution for this. I got juvederm but it did not help.

Sunken appearance to lateral eye/cheekbone

+1

It sounds as if in volumizing the cheekbone, volume has caused an area of depression that may not have originally been there. It's hard to know without a picture. The lateral area may require additional volume as well. I would recommend returning and assessing if you would benefit from additional product. Best of luck.

+1

You could certainly consider the placement of more of the HA fillers.  These are reasonable alternatives to improving volume loss associated with aging.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Filler for Below the Eyes

+1

There are two basic ways to correct the flattened areas under the lateral eyes and the "tear troughs." One is fillers. The safest are the hyaluronic acids, as these can be reversed with hyaluronidase. Juvederm, a hyaluronic acid, works well most of the time, but occasionally absorbs significant water which can cause problems. Several other products which are thicker, such as Radiesse, can work when the less substantive hyaluronic acids quit working, but they are not nearly as safe and must be used by true experts only. They can even become ineffective as you continue to age. At that time, the only thing that works is a lower blepharoplasty.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

+1

For indentations and irregularities, caused by a permanent filler, or a temporary one that wa snot evened out after injection...I prefer using Perlane.  It is thick enough to fill indentations but still flows evenly with manipulation.

Filler for tear trough vs. options

+1

Hello! The eyelid skin is the thinnest skin in the body, and I personally do not like fat or implants nor any permanent filler for fear irregularities, lumps or bumps will cause permanent issues. Filler is not FDA approved in this area but has been used off-label for years with great results. Stick with a HA filler that can be removed if you do not like it. Juvederm is extensively cross-linked and has great longevity, but the cross linking usually means more bruising and swelling. Restylane typically does not last as long but less cross-linking means usually less swelling as it goes away. Use and experienced injector. The Tyndall effect is possible with ANY HA in this area, especially in the inner aspect of the eye, but slight bluing is still usually easier to hide than shadows from hollows. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

More fillers around eyes

+1

I do not recommend Juvederm be used near the eyes or tear troughs. It can often lead to the Tyndall effect, which is a discoloration when Juvederm is placed too superficially in thin skin. Additionally, Juvederm is a bit thinner of a filler, so I'd suggest a filler with a larger molecule. I would recommend you seek an experienced injector and perhaps look at Restylane for this area.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD