2 months post-pregnancy and have lost baby weight: Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction? (photo)

I had a baby 2 months ago but I swear I'm no longer losing baby weight, I'm back to my normal weight AND my body usually looks this way before I even had baby..ill be getting my breast augmentation in August and I'm thinking about doing lipo while I'm at it..am I a good candidate? Will I see good results? I was considering a BBL BUT if lipo will help reshape then ill stick to lipo instead (much cheaper anyway). Thanks in advance!

Liposuction and or Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

Congratulations on your baby, and on getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight!  From your photos it looks like you would be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the hips ("love handles").  I am not so sure that buttock fat transfer is needed--often liposuction around the buttocks (hips or lateral thighs) will better define your buttocks--which look round and full in your photos.  The abdomen is hard to evaluate by photo.  You may or may not be a good candidate for abdomen lipo.  Good luck!

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+2

Liposuction will certainly improve your lovehandles and reduce the fat you can pinch under the skin.  If you have abdominal wall laxity, which happens commonly after childbirth, you may need plication of the fascia which can be done by adding a mini tummy tuck to the procedure.  Discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon.  Best Wishes,

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction? (photo)

+2

Only IN PERSON examination allows us to determine if the abdomen has fat or laxity or both. I might consider 2 liters lipo with fat to butt. 

Not A Bad Lipo Candidate

+2

Thank you for the pictures. Congratulations on your baby. A good physical examination will give you the best answer of whether you are a good candidate for liposuction. Based on your pictures liposuction of your love handles would be very appropriate. My perception of your abdomen is a bit questionable. The baby may have stretched out the muscles of your abdominal wall and a tummy tuck may be more appropriate.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction?

+2

Provided you do not have abdominal wall laxity, I think that you will have a great result from liposuction.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.    Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction?

+2

Hello

You will get some good results with liposuction alone on the flank and abdominal area.  My only reservation with the abdominal area is that you have recently had a baby and may have some loose skin post abdominal liposuction and also loose abdominal muscle.  Hence this would benefit from a formal tummy tuck an give you better results.  I am just speculating and it would be much better to  have a consultation with a plastic surgery so that you can be examined.

All the best

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal and Flank Liposuction with Breast Augmentation

+2

You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction, particularly in the waistline/flank area. The opportunity factor of doing it at the time of your breast augmentation is a good one and, together, make for a Mommy Makeover for you!

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction

+2

Liposuction will improve your hip area nicely.  The abdomen is more difficult to evaluate without and in-person consultation.  The protruding of the stomach can be due to subcutaneous fat, stretched stomach muscles, or fat inside the abdominal cavity.  Liposuction will improve subcutaneous fat and tummy tuck will improve loose abdominal muscles.  If there is excess fat inside the abdomen, this is best treated with diet and exercise.

Philip E. Fleming, MD

Pinch test for liposuction

+2

Fat that can be pinched can be liposuctioned. If you can only pinch a small amount of fat on your belly, liposuction will not be  helpful in reducing the protruberance of your belly. If you can pinch an inch or more of fat on your belly, that fat can be suctioned and the bulging of your belly will be reduced.

John J. Bandeian, MD
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Candidate

+2

A history and physical exam is needed in addition to a photo to determine whether one is a good candidate for liposuction. If one is healthy and has good skin tone with well localized fat, then liposuction may be helpful for contouring. The photo demonstrates that possible improvement can be achieved in the hips and abdomen, although there can be diastasis or separation of the rectus muscles causing bulging of the abdomen. This would require a tummy-tuck.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon