I'm a size 34B I want breast augmentation with implants with no lift. Do I need a lift to achieve the result I want? (photo)

Im a size 34 B i want breast augmentation with no lift.Does it look like i will need a lift to achieve the result i want.I want to go a full C.The pics towards the end is how i want my result to look like. Im 5"2 and weigh 133 .I don't want a lift due to the scaring and removal of the nipple.Is there a procedure where i can get a lift without re positioning of my nipple?Thanks in advance!

Breast Augmentation with implant and no lift

+2
Hello, thank you for your question.In regards to the procedure that would best accomplish your desired results, it seems that you would best benefit from a breast augmentation mastopexy (BAM). However, with the correct implant selection, many patients who are borderline needing a lift are able to avoid having this procedure for a little while with merely a breast augmentation. However, the more definitive surgical solution may be the BAM. This is a combination procedure of both a breast enlargement with implants and a breast lift. There are many different types of breast lifts with different kinds of scarring patterns.I would encourage you to seek a consult to discuss these options and to determine which one would be best for you. Also, when it comes to breast lifts, very frequently, the scars fade tremendously and can be hidden within the natural creases and anatomy of the existing breast tissue. Also, there are a lot of misconceptions about breast lifts and a popular one is that the nipple is actually removed from the breast – this is not so. The nipple is not actually “removed” during the procedure – more so ‘repositioned.’If you would like to learn more about the procedure, mastopexy approaches, and evaluating patients for breast augmentation mastopexy, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon

Wanting a breast augmentation with no lift, do I need a lift to achieve the look I want?

+2
When getting a straight breast augmentation, your result is basically what you started off with only enhanced.  It's best to find photos of breasts that pre-operatively look similar to yours and unfortunately, the ones you posted are very different from yours.  With that said, you can achieve fuller breasts with just implants but you may still have some breast tissue hanging off your implant depending on how droopy you are based on your exam.  To learn your options, it would be best to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon.  One thing to keep in mind is that you can always do the breast augmentation first and if you are happy with the results, great but if not, you can consider a lift at that point.  Downside, 2 surgeries, cost and 2 recoveries.    ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Deciding whether a mastopexy is needed to meet your expectations at the time of breast augmentation is complicated.

+2

Your question is complicated because your photos are difficult to analyze. It is always best to consult with a Board certified Plastic Surgeon who will provide you with options after a thorough consultation. It appears that you have small breasts will perfectly positioned nipple/areola. This would allow for a breast augmentation to achieve your result. Be sure to review options for the actual implant that could be used because we now have MANY options; saline and silicone, low profile to high, and round or shaped products. The implant chosen and the pocket created can completely change the look of your breasts. Be sure all your options are discussed so that you have the best outcome. Good Luck and Happy holidays!

Laurie Casas, MD

Augmentation without lifts depends upon a careful examination and the patient's expectations.

+2

Greetings,

An augmentation without a lift may be an option if your nipples are located at or above your infra-mammary crease fold. The implants will located centrally under your nipples, so if you are comfortable with lower breasts, this may by satisfying for you. Lifting would be a later option if the implants and breasts fall with time.

If your nipple sits below your existing crease fold, an augmentation alone would be a poor choice.

You should discuss your options with your plastic surgeon so that you both will be satisfied with your results.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Augment without lift?

+2

First, the nipple is not "removed" in all mastopexies.  I understand that many women raise issues as to the scarring, which tends to go on to heal very nicely, and this frequently diverts them from making the best decision as to the shape and size of the breasts.  You have lost significant upper pole volume and with an implant alone, the cosmetic result may be suboptimal. The question is whether this would be acceptable to you.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all the available options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

?lift needed?

+2

A proper answer to your question requires a physical examination, not just photos. I expect that attaining the size that you wish is just a matter of choosing the correct implant. But if you want nipple and areolar position like it appears in the goal pictures, a lift will probably be necessary. By the way, the nipple and areola are not removed during a breast lift. 

All the best, Dr G

Lift is essential

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This will achieve the results in the photographs you have shown. At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. If you simply underwent an augmentation, you would be disappointed because your breasts are too low.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

You need to be examined in person to determine the best options for you.  You can have a BBA without a lift but I suspect that you will want a lift in the future sometime, especially if you have kids/breastfeed, etc. See a BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

You will need breast lift plus implants to achieve the look in the photo

+1

Thank you for your question.  You certainly can have breast implants without a lift however it will not achieve the look that you want according to the photographs you provided.

Please see board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in cosmetic breast surgery.

please read thearticle in the link below to fully understand why breast liftiis needed in addition to breast implants.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

I'm a size 34B I want breast augmentation with implants with no lift. Do I need a lift to achieve the result I want?

+1

Your posted "ideal" examples look NOTHING like your breasts. You could have a larger implant to fill the sag or if you still only desire a "full' C cup than you will need a lift operation also// Good Luck//