Any way to talk to a Rhinoplasty Doctor besides doing a consultation? I live far away from all the doctors I would like to see.

I've already posted a couple questions about rhinoplasty. First one was whether I should get it or not, which includes pictures. Second was whether I should get open or closed. I got mixed reviews so I still have no idea. I was going to go closed to avoid scars but it seems like closed doesn't work as well for a crooked nose like I have. I want to just e-mail or text a specific doctor my questions but I don't really know how, and I know you guys are all busy either way.

Open vs Closed Rhinoplasty

+1
I am not sure where you live but you eventually will need to be evaluated. Being overly concerned about the technique, open or closed, is not relevant to your surgery. There are pros and cons of both procedures but the bottom line is your dianosis, treatment, surgeon, and your result. Let the surgeon decide how to correct your problem and satisfy you.

Best wishes  
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Far Away Rhinoplasty Consultation

+1

You can simply e-mail the doctor you would like to speak to and ask. Many plastic surgeons do far away consultations by e-mail, phone, Skype or FaceTime.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Rhinoplasty consult

+1
I often do Skype discussions with prospective patients, but a real consultation would have to be done in person prior to surgery to confirm the discussion and perform a proper exam.  Good luck.

Close rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

Close rhinoplasty techniques can accomplish the goals of repairing a crooked nose. An open rhinoplasty is not required for the crooked nose. We treat many patients out of town and we have a dedicated  Patient care coordinator for out of town patients.  Best to send all 5 views of the nose to your perspective surgeon, open a dialogue with the staff and surgeon and perform a consultation at some point prior to the day of surgery.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Rhinoplasty consultation via Skype

+1
Dear Bcole, 
Typically I do the majority of my rhinoplasty procedures via the open technique. I have 30 years of rhinoplasty expertise and while I did rhinoplasty procedures closed for the beginning of my career I find that the open technique allows you to do a precise job with more expected results. When I do computer imaging on my patients I am able to provide the patients with very similar outcome as their proposed imaging via the open technique. (see my website under digital imaging) When the incision is done properly it is typically not a visible incision line. I do perform consultations via Skype as I have many patients that come in from out of state. First I ask that photographs are sent over via email so I may review them and then my patient coordinator will call the consulting patient and set a scheduled Skype consultation. I hope this is helpful for you. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

+1
Patients can email me through my website.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php