Is a table spoon of fat transferred to my buttock enough to give me good results?

Hi there I m 5'5 I weigh 174 and have really good firm skin! I m getting the Brazilian Butt Lift done in 3 days!! As my time gets closer I am starting to get bad anxiety about it! I have a good amount of fat in my stomach, back, and flanks to do this surgery! My plastic surgeon tells me he is only going to transfer a table spoon of fat to my buttock and it should make a huge difference! I need to know if this is true? I don't want to get all my good fat sucked out and no good results Thank you

+2

Definitely not . A tablespoon is only about 10cc . Usually for a  BBL at least 350 cc are used in each side in order to achieve a  difference in looks and size .

Best wishes 

+2

I cannot imagine that such a small volume would be transferred.  That will not make a difference.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat transfer for good results

+1

No way, a tablespoon is not enough. To see results you'll need more than 300 cc on each side of your butt.

Manuel Diaz, MD

Will a tablespoon of donor fat make a big difference in enhancing the buttcoks?

+1

It is extremely unlikely that a tablesoon of donor fat will have any significant impact on the buttocks. You should consult with a Board certified Plastic Sugeon who has  extensive experience performing the BBL. Ggod luck!

George Lefkovits, MD