Syringoma or Milia?

I have white bumps under my eyes and after a long research I have found out that it could either Milia or Syringoma. The problem is I have no idea what it is.

I have a photo that shows the situation. I would appreciate if someone would help me with this. And is there any safe way to get rid of it?

Milia after Blepharoplasty

+2

Milia are common after eyelid surgery, peels and laser resurfacing.  To differentiate between milia and blocked eyelid glands, you should be evaluated by your surgeon or an opthalmologist as the treatment is quite different.

Syringoma

+2
Hi, The growths on your lower eyelids are Syringomas. These are difficult to eradicate and frequently recur following treatment. I have used lasers and peels with limited success.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Syringoma

+2

Hi Zenv,

It appears what you have are called syringoma, or benign sweatgland growths. These typically are most prevalent on the lower lids but can also appear on other areas of the face. Typical treatments are with a co2 laser or with simple hyfrecation. Syringoma have also been known to be resistant, so don't be too concerned if you have to return for a repeat treatment in the future.

Roger Bassin, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Syringoma or milia

+2

Milia usually is a temporary condition while syringoma is permanent. It looks to me like you have syringoma. There is no good treatment for it unfortunately. I heard that using the CO2 laser to drill out the individual lesions and resurfacing the rest helps but it is not a cure.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Syringoma treatment - Best strategies

+1

I often see syringomas in my practice, including patients who are Asian or African American.  

I use a combination of hyfrecation followed by selective fractional co2 laser to treat these patients and have found the program to be very efficacious. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Syringoma or milia can be treated with CO2 laser

+1

Hard to tell from these photos but both types of lesions can be treated with the .2mm cutting handpiece of the CO2 laser.  Sometimes it takes more than one session and each lesion has to be treated seperately. A 'micro-crater is created that heals rapidly in a few days.

Richard Weiss, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Milia vs what

+1

It is hard to tell from the photos.I think the easiest thing to do would be to see a plastic surgeon and have a biopsy performed and then a decision can be made on what to do.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Eye lesion

+1

i agree that they look like syringomas..laser or even simple cauterization can work well..

Michael K. Kim, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon