After Juvederm - Will Wrinkles Reduce Over Time Now That Nasolabial Folds Are Gone?

i had 2 syringes of juvederm in my nasolabial folds and marionette lines. I love the results however the surface wrinkles that are at the corners of my mouth are still there and very noticable even though the improvement from reducing the folds at the corners of my mouth are very improved. Do you recommend having more Juvederm injected for these lines or will they reduce over time from not having the folds around them?

Surface wrinkles

+1

Surface wrinkles do not usually improve with fillers. Like you said it worked really well on my nasolabial folds. The products in my hands work to fill deep depression and also raise areas like the cheeks.

Fillers don't treat true "surface" wrinkles

+1

After you've given your filler some time to settle (about 2-3 weeks), then you can get a better idea of what those "surface lines" will look like.  If they still bother you, you might consider peels or laser treatments which will affect the texture of the skin and improve those superficial surface lines.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Juvederm for lower face

+1

Without seeing photos, it is difficult to answer fully. However, I think that you should wait at least one month after you were treated before making a decision. Once everything has settled in, you and your surgeon can discuss the merits of injecting the wrinkles with additional Juvederm. Your surgeon may recommend a different treatment, such as a laser resurfacing treatment, depending on the nature and location of the wrinkles.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Marionette / Puppet / Drool Lines

+1

Regarding: "After Juvederm - Will Wrinkles Reduce Over Time Now That Nasolabial Folds Are Gone?
i had 2 syringes of juvederm in my nasolabial folds and marionette lines. I love the results
however the surface wrinkles that are at the corners of my mouth are still there and very noticable even though the improvement from reducing the folds at the corners of my mouth are very improved. Do you recommend having more Juvederm injected for these lines or will they reduce over time from not having the folds around them
?"

A picture would have been very useful. In general, the cheek sagging which causes the nose to lip (Nasolabial) lines, when extreme, is associated with the Drool or Marionette Lines. Depending on the quality of the skin, the extent of the wrinkles and the loss of support, patients may require thicker support in this location as well as the use of Botox to lift the corners of the mouth. In some cases, you may need a laser resurfacing or a Facelift procedure for correction.

Since you had good results with the Nasolabial lines I would advise you to ask your doctor what he would suggest to correct the Marionette / Puppet / Drool line deformities.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Juvederm for smile folds and lip lines

+1

It is possible that other lines will start to improve if the surrounding skin is supported better, but probably not to the extent you would like. You may end up desiring further treatment on these small lines but wait for up to six weeks or so to see if there is change.

Ronald Shelton, MD