How Many Syringes of Filler Would Give Me my Desired Lips? (photo)

Also what filler would your recommend? I'm concerned with how flat my lips look and would like a more pouty look.

Most Lip Augmentations Require No More than a Single Syringe

+2

Fortunately , you are someone with fairly large lips to begin with ( despite the fact that you yourself find them small). This means you are a very good candidate for lip augmentation. It is much more difficult to augment very small lips. Bearing in mind that any advice given here is general, and cannot replace an in person consultation, I think you should be able to achieve your desired look with a single syringe. I find in Mississauga and Toronto Lip augmentation patients are pretty reasonable, in that they don't want to be huge, they just want, as you describe, a more "pouty" appearance, and one syringe is often sufficient. Every injector has their preferred product and method. I tend to use either Juvederm ultra, Restylane fine lines with Lido, or now, my new favourite lip injection product is Juvederm Volbella.  All of these have the advantage of being not too lumpy bumpy, and not too stiff feeling, but Volbella is, I think, the smoothest of the three, and is least likely to cause lumps or swelling. It is quick and easy to inject, and quite comfortable I find, as the numbing takes effect quickly. It may be longer lasting too, though as it has only been available for the last few months we need a bit more experience to see whether the study results suggesting longevity are borne out in clinical practice.

Facial filler for Lip Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. I think most plastic surgeons and dermatologist would be conservative with you and your lip augmentation treatments. Most cosmetic specialists would start with only one syringe, and then consider adding more later if necessary. It's easier to add a little more as needed. HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers are the preferred option, such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon