Is One Syringe of Sculptra Injected Equal to One Syringe of Radiesse?

I had one syringe of Radiesse injected into my cheeks about 6 months ago. I liked the subtle yet fuller appearance of my cheeks. Today I had about one cc of Sculptra injected into my cheeks. Will the one cc of Sculptra yield the same result of one syringe of Radiesse?

Sculptra and radiesse are Quite Different

+2

Radiesse can be considered a "semi-permanent" filler, with immediate effect and duration lasting 9-18 months.  Sculptra is described as a "volumizer" which produces gradual effect via collagen production over the course of 3-6 weeks, with a duration of at least 2 years.  The benefit of 1 cc (probably 1 vial?) of Sculptra is likely to be very subtle.  I typically use 2 vials per treatment, diluted in 9cc of diluent and expect mild to moderate improvement from the first treatment.  The benefits of Sculptra are most commonly noted after the second or third treatment session.  I tend to use Radiesse to treat Nasolabial folds and Sculptra for global facial volume replacement.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra vs. Radiesse

+1

Sculptra and Radiesse can both be used to volumize cheeks but in very different ways.  Most injectors don't divide up Sculptra by the syringe or cc; It's generally injected or sold by the vial (which can be around 8-9cc).  You definitely won't get any instant gratification from Sculptra...it's a great product but you need to think of it more like fertilizer or planting seeds for your own collagen to build. Most patients require 2-3 treatments and don't really see the results from those treatments for many months. You can, however, have Radiesse injected into areas you have Sculptra injected into to hold you over until the Sculptra effects begin to show. 

Dr. Grant Stevens              

Grant Stevens, MD

Sculptra and Radiesse

+1

There is not a one to one relationship between Sculptra and Radiesse. Sculptra requires several injections over a several month period as the product actually promotes collagen formation so what you see when the physician is done with your injection won't be exactly what you get. With Radiesse, what you see is pretty much what you get.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and radiesse

+1

Sculptra and radiesse are very different fillers. The sculptra is used tostimulate collagen growth and the radiesse is used directly to fill the tissue up with volume enhancement.

Radiesse compared to Sculptra

+1

No, one cc of Sculptra will not give the same result as one syringe of Radiesse.

The results of Radiesse are immediate and will "settle" a bit over a few months. Sculptra takes months to work and a minimum of at least three injections are usually necessary to see a significant improvement. Then the results from Sculptra can be more long lasting than Radiesse. One cc of Sculptra by itself will most likely not give you noticeable results.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon