Will Half Syringe of Perlane Make a Noticeable Difference, I Was Told I Have Semi Full Lips

Will Half Syringe of Perlane Make a Noticeable Difference,iwas Told I Have Semi Full Lips

Perlane and lip volume

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is very difficult to answer this question. Perlane will definitely provide more volume to your lips - as would Juvederm or Restylane. Depending on what your expectations are, having a thorough assessment with a well-trained and experienced provider will help determine what will suit your needs best.

How much filler will I need

+1

Full lips is a subjective thing and how much filler you will require is difficult to gauge as patient expectations are different

Julio Garcia, MD

+1

Perlane is too thick of a filler for Lip Augmentation and is meant to be placed in the fat tissue layers of which the lips have none.  Restylane and Juvederm are more appropriate for lip augmentation, IMO.  Be sure the MD understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and lip) beauty.

"Half a Syringe" Lip Augmentation

+1

Without an examination much less a photograph it is hard to begin to predict if half a syringe (presumably .5cc) will make a difference you or others may find noticeable. 

I have 2 other comments about your question; First, choosing Perlane as a lip filler is not a great choice. Restylane or Juvederm are much better choices. Second, as expensive as fillers injected properly may be, dong the job incompletely (ie "stretching it") or worse, doing it poorly, is truly a waste of your money. If you find yourself compromising on the type of filler and the volume placed, to say nothing about the training and qualifications of the person injecting the filler, it may be best to save your money and getting the job done well at a later time. 

Perlane for Lip Augmentation

+1

Perlane is not the filler of choice in this area for most physicians. Restylane or Juvederm are what most physicians prefer in this area. The difference being that Perlane or Juvederm Ultra plus are thicker and not generally an advantage in this area.  Whether a filler will help  depends upon what your lips look like, what you want to acheive and the physician performing the injection.  My main suggestion is to go to a physician experienced in filler injections. 

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

+1

It's hard to say without seeing what your lips look like and what you are trying to achieve.  Generally Perlane is not the first choice filler for the lips, but you should consult with your board certified surgeon to decide what might be the best option for you.

Kimberly Lee, MD

For most people, 1/2 cc of Restylane provides excellent lip fill.

+1

Perlane is not really a good filler for the lips.  A very good injector can probably get a way with this product.  However, Perlane is very thick and can easily form lumps along the lip edge.  Restylane flows better and is less likely to form a lump.  Juvederm is even more forgiving.  However some argue that Juvederm is too forgiving and tends to spread.  Volume wise, this will make a very nice difference if it is properly injected.

Perlane in Lips

+1

Thank you for your question. A half of a syringe will give you subtle, natural results. However you may want to make an appointment in 6 months to re-evaluate and possibly have some more injected if you need more volume. I would speak with your injector and ask which kind of filler he/she recommends. Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane is not for lips

+1

I recommend against using Perlane for lip injections. Juvederm is my first choice for lip augmentation. Juvederm is a softer gel which makes it more ideal for lips. Juvederm comes in "full" sized and "half" sized syringes so you can get exactly the amount of correction you want. You need to discuss your treatment goals with your physician injector so you will be happy with the result. Because this is an art as much as it is a science, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.

The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon