Just Wondering if It Was Normal for my Bb to Look the Way It Does After 16post Op?

Ust Wondering if It Was Normal for my Bb to Look the Way It Does After 16post Op?

+1

The position looks appropriate, and the incisions appear to be healing nicely. There is some swelling which is typical for this type of incision that continues all the way around a rather small area. Expect less swelling over the ensuing results, and it looks like a very nice outcome.

Belly Button Swelling Postop

+1

Thank you for your qeustion and for sharing your photos.  It appears that your surgeon did a good job with your belly button after tummy tuck.  Because of tension on this closure, there is often swelling and slow healing in this area.  This typically improves significantly a few weeks after surgery.  You are appear to be recovering normally, but don't hesitate to share your concerns with your surgeon. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button after Tummy Tuck.

+1

Your belly button looks to be in a good position on your abdomen and a good shape.  I can't tell if the color is darkened, it is bruised, or if there is some surgical marking pen color present from the photographs. If you have concerns about it be sure to call your surgeon and get an exam. Regardless of problems, the look usually come out ok in the long run.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Appearance of Umbilicus after Abdominoplasty

+1

It appears as though your umbilicus is still quite swollen. This will improve with time. As such, the overall shape will change/improve, and it will not look so protrusive.

Always keep in touch with your surgeon though, and direct any specific questions to him/her.

Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Umbilical shape following an abdominoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell if you are having any wound healing problems with your umbilicus after your abdominoplasty.  This is not unusual due to the sometimes precarious blood supply to the umbilicus.  The umblicus is noting but a scar so in most cases it will heal fine.  If you get out to 6 - 8 months post op and you still do not like the shape then a revision may be in order.