3 months post op of bbl and my lower back still hurts. Is this normal?

I had a bbl on 4/21 and I'm still having pain in my lower back pain. I have been wearing a corset and that seems to help. When it's off I'm experiencing swelling and discomfort. I would have thought it would have been better by now? Should I still be experiencing?

+1
Thank you for reaching out.

The massages and garments should assist with some of the discomfort. While your pain is prolonged it may not be out of the ordinary. But I urge you to reach out to your surgeon as he/she will best be able to determine where your pain levels and comfort levels should be.  

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Back discomfort after BBL

+1
Some patients have prolonged discomfort and swelling can last 4-6 months and sometimes longer. Best to be seen by your surgeon to be better evaluated.

Prolonged But Normal Pain

+1
Some patients experience prolonged pain and swelling of the back due to the aggressive suction that is performed in this area to improve shape.  Compression and massage do help to alleviate the symptoms.  It will get better over the next few weeks to months.  Discuss this matter with your surgeon for further information.  Best wishes on your recovery!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon