Will Synthetic Bone Graft Shrink After Bone Graft on Nose Bridge?

8daysago.i had infracture nose side..synthetic bone graft 1/3 upper nose around eye corner.other lower 2/3 portion of my nose is not injected with synthetic bone graft(my real bridge).area being injected with synthetic bone graft is unnaturally high,hard,stiff..make nose l not harmonious,not s-line curve, very high up around eye corner.is it swollen?...does the synthetic bone graft being injected will shrink,area around eye corner is lower and become s-line curve(hope yes)if so.when,% shrink?pls

Synthetic Graft In Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Tanlynn,

Without photographs and physical examination, it is hard to give you solid answers.

Nonetheless, at 8 days post surgery it is too early to assess the results of your surgery. It is important to know that swelling takes up to 12-14 months to subside completely and final results gets established.

If you are a patient with thick skin, the process of healing could take a little more to be complete.

I recommend that you be a little more patient and wait for the final results on which you can base your next step if needed.

Thank you for your inquiry and best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

+1

What was the synthetic bone grafting material that was injected onto the nasal bridge during your Rhinoplasty?  

Use of "Synthetic" Bone Graft

+1

We must know what material was used in the "synthetic" bone graft to answer your question. Please ask your surgeon and forward the information.