How is This Symmetry Going to Improve? and Scarring - Will I Need Additional Major Work? (photo)

Be patient

+1

Still early and I would be patient. Although I rarely use periareolar mastopexy, in the proper patient it could decrease scarring. Would wait at least another three months before doing any revisions .

Periareolar mastopexy is seldom a good choice.

+1

The scars of the areola are commonly seen after doughnut mastopexy. You would be best served by a scar revision aided by delivery of skin by more conventional mastopexy technique.

Beast Asymmetry

+1

At 2 weeks there is still significant swelling that can contribute to asymmetry.  It appears that from the second to the 11th week there has been improvement with symmetry.  However, it appears that your arm position is different in the two photos.  This can affect how your breast look in photos.  Raising your arms can raise a lower positioned breast and make the 2 breasts more even.   Over time the areola scars will continue to improve.  I would wait until about 6 months to a year before performing any scar revision surgery.  If required, it can usually be done awake with a little local anesthetic.  Best of Luck!  Thanks for the question

Steven Svehlak, MD

You should wait a little longer.

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  From the 2nd week to 11th week, there has been a big improvement in symmetry as well as scarring.  I think you should wait another 3 months until implants settle down.  In regards to scarring, the puckering around the areolas have improved.  The scars around the areola are a little irregular; and there is a small amount of areola beyond the scars.  This can be easily revised, not a major surgery.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Improving symmetry after breast augmentation

+1

From the 2 week postop photo to the 11 week photo there has been significant improvement in the shape and position symmetry of your breasts. I would express your specific concerns with your surgeon, if you desire any additional improvements in the appearance of your breasts. Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

How is This Symmetry Going to Improve? and Scarring - Will I Need Additional Major Work?

+1

Something is seriously wrong! Seek immediate IN PERSON opinions from your surgeon and other boarded PSs in your city. Yes you will need further operations. Sorry.