To Soon to Tell? What Can Be Done About Symmetry? What Can Be Done to Even out the Dents and Puckers? (photo)

Was a 32b went to 33c. With 350cc saline implants. Ps said rt side was a tad bigger therefore put 325 in that side.(?) what can I do about the unevenness in size, placement and shape? Freaking out here! Only three weeks post however and trying to remain calm. I am 5'6" 125 lbs.

To Soon to Tell? What Can Be Done About Symmetry? What Can Be Done to Even out the Dents and Puckers?

+3

I agree very early in healing/settling phase but there appears to be some issues with the techniques used. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions. Was your surgeon a boarded PS? 

How can I even out the dense and puckers after breast augmentation and lift

+1

I can certainly see your concerns.  However, you are early in the healing process and it is important that you follow directions of your plastic surgeon precisely.  Let him/her know about your concerns.  The implants begin to descend about 3 weeks.  If they do, then the space that is void of implant will be filled.  I would not be thinking about revisions until you allow enough time for the healing to occur.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Lift and augmentation

+1

It looks like you had a lift and augmentation and it is still very early. The implants are high and will need time to settle.

To Soon to Tell

+1

3 weeks is far too early in the healing process to make any determination as to the end results. At this juncture there is a significant amount of inflammation and scarring occurring. This will continue for at least the next 3 months or so after which the inflammatory process will slowly subside and the soft tissues of the breast will begin to accommodate allowing the implants to settle into position and the breast achieve a more natural look.

At this point my recommendation would be to try and relax, give your body time to heal, and most importantly continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Thank you for the question and you pictures. Best wishes.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

To Soon To Tell

+1

Don't worry.  It is still very early in the healing phase.  Things should start to style out and look good by 6 weeks.  However, maintain a line of communication with your Plastic Surgeon.  Remember, he wants you to get a good outcome too.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your anxiety is understandable, the best advice I have for you at this point, is to not “freak out”. Although, it is not possible for online consultants to provide you with specific meaningful advice/reassurance, it is safe to generalize that breasts do change significantly over the course of the first several months after the type of surgery you have had performed. Again, generally speaking,  breast implants “settle” into the breast implant pockets that have been developed for them. Again, as this process occurs, the appearance of the breasts generally improve ( for example the “puckering” of skin smoothens out). Again, this process may take several months to occur.

Therefore, in the meantime, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise/reassure  you in a more meaningful fashion.

Puckering and Dents at 3 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

Although I cannot predict your results, your plastic surgeon likely can.  He or she has the benefit of having see the result on the table while you were relaxed.  The muscles are now in spasm and are holding the implants high.  Once they fall, they will fill the skin and tissue envelope.  I usually take on-table pictures just so that patients can see how perfect they will look.

To Soon to Tell

+1

Yes, it is too soon to tell. 

Breast implants under the muscle often look too high in the first months after surgery.  Submuscular implants are sitting as if they are at the bottom of an envelope. The breast fold, like the bottom of the envelope keep the implants from descending. At the upper pole is a large space under the muscle and above the ribs, and that space goes up to the clavicle (collar bone). Typically the implant position looks fine at surgery. As the patient awakens, the relaxed pectoralis muscle contracts, pushing on the implant. This displaces the silicone (or saline) which bulges into the upper pole, the only direction with room to expand. The lower pole of the breast may seem to empty out. But the implant itself doesn't actually move. As the muscle relaxes over several months, the upper pole no longer bulges and the implant position looks like it did right at the end of your surgery.

Expect better symmetry, less upper pole bulge, and filling of the loose lower pole skin over the next few months. 

Patience. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

I know it is scary after you have had surgery and it doesn't appear even on both sides, but I always tell my patients that it takes every minute of 1 month for the implants to settle into the pocket and not be pushed up by the muscle higher than the breast.  As they settle, they don't know about each other at all and so they settle and change at different rates.  There is swelling for about 3 months and that is when you can really make a judgement about symmetry and even-ness.  The same goes for puckering... so for now, I would say, hang in there - you probably look great in clothing but it is really hard to tell everything that may be going on in these pictures.  Meet with your plastic surgeon and voice your concerns, but know that things will continue to change and both sides will be at different rates.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon