Do I Have Symmastia and Will Wearing a Thing Bra Help? (photo)

I'm think I have symmastia and if so, I was wondering if wearing a thong bra will help and if losing weight could help aswell? I know it won't cure it but I'm not old enough to have surgery yet so I'm just looking for other ways to help make it better.

Symmastia

+1

I dont think this would be classified as symmastia. You appear to have large and centrally full breasts only

Tips for improving symmastia in minors

+1

Hello. You do seem to have some mild symmastia. The thong bra will not do much if anything to help improve this, but because breasts are largely composed of adipose tissue weight loss would be your best bet to improve this condition before you are old enough for surgery. When you are of age your options for surgical correction would include liposuction or a specialized form of mastopexy where the medial breast tissue would be removed surgically.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Symmastia? #breastimplants

+1

It looks to me like you have a tight cleavage not Symmastia. All cleavages are built differently. Usually Symmastia is pretty obvious on frontal exam. I would go see your surgeon for a full physical, but I also would not be worried.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Do I Have Symmastia?

+1

The posted photos demonstrate a very very minor form of symmastia if any. Yes weight loss could help. 

Symmastia

+1

By definition, symmastia refers to a communication between the breasts at the sternum with separation on the skin and soft tissue from the bone.  Most commonly it is caused by implant pockets communicating and requires surgery to repair it.  If you do not have implants, your close breasts are a normal variant.

Martin O'Toole, MD

Symmastia

+1

In the first photo, the arms are pressing the breasts together, narrowing the space.  In the second photo, you appear to have about 1 cm gap.  Most women complain about having too large a space.  At any rate, there is nothing abnormal about your breasts.

Do you have symmastia

+1

Symmastia just refers to breasts which run together in the middle of the chest and we feel you do have a small degree of this in the photos. It is not really abnormal, just a different shape, perhaps a more mature look than people like.There can be some breast tissue, though often it is fat between, and weight loss just might help. Also short of 'surgery' liposuction can thin the area between the breast.

Symmastia

+1

Symmastia occurs when breast implants communicate with each other because there are no attachments in the midline. A thong bra can help in cases where this happens due to implants. You appear to have naturally close spaced breasts. Weight loss may help.

Michael Horn, MD

Symmastia

+1

Hi there,

Have you had surgery already?  Your left breast looks to have its medial (inner) border at the midline, and I wondered whether you've already got breast implants.  Sorry to suggest it if you haven't, it might be the angle of the photo, it can be hard to tell. 

If you've never had breast surgery, I would not think you have symmastia, just large breasts, but if you have had implant surgery in the past, I think it's possible you might indeed have symmastia with a medialised left side implant.

All the very  best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

This is not synmastia

+1

As you can see from my colleagues, you do not have synmastia. You simply have closely palced breasts. Weight loss or liposuction may help. Don't bother with the bra...it will do nothing for you.

Matthew Schulman, MD