Do I have symmastia/synmastia? (photos)

3rd BA, was 600cc HP saline under the muscle, to 750cc silicone HP above the muscle. left Implant moves and at times is more towards the center. I have been wearing a sternal compression garment from design Veronique the past 2 days and it's has only been since then that I have noticed the stretch marks. Should this garment be worn just under the incisions or right up to them? I have inframamery incisions and I am 37 days post-op.

What is symmastia?

+1
Also called synmastia, this is when the breasts appear to touch in the middle so that the skin actually tents up rather than adhering to the breastbone. The photos do not appear to show symmastia, although there does appear to some slight asymmetry. Your surgeon will advise you as to postoperative care.

No, you do no appear to have synmastia

+1
Synmastia is defined as the appearance of ONE breast in the midline. Or, put another way, the lack of definition of two distinct breast. Put yet another way, this is sometimes colloquially  called "uniboob." Your photos do not illustrate a one-breast appearance. No, you do not appear to have synmastia.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia?

+1
You do not look like yo have symmastia in the photos that you posted.  I would touch base with your surgeon to determine which garment he wants you to wear.

Do I have symmastia/synmastia?

+1
No, you do not have symmastia. There may however be breast implant asymmetry related to breast implant pocket asymmetry.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to symmastia repair helpful for your own peace of mind. Best wishes.

No synmastia

+1
Based on your second photo, you do not have a synmastia. I would check with your surgeon though. If you are concerned there are special bras available to separate your breasts and preserve the natural gap between the breasts.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

NO Symmastia

+1
Thank your for your pictures.  It does not appear that you have a symmastia.  You do have different size pockets. This can be address through surgery.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Synmastia

+1
Your photos do not show true synmastia, but it appears that the middle part of your left breast pocket is too close to the midline of your chest so your left implant is more "medial" than your right.  This will likely require surgery to correct at this point.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon