Symmastia or Swelling? 3 Weeks Post Op

Hi I had breast augmentation a little over 3 weeks ago , from the bottom of my breasts to near half way there is still what seems like swelling but i think it could be symmastia. I got 330cc implants , im 5'1 and about 90-95 pounds. I have had 2 follow up appointments with my skilled surgeon who is certified. He says to push down really hard between them he showed me how and i could not breathe it hurt really bad. even more than waking up from surgery. anywho its still the same . any thoughts?

Synmastia or swelling

+1

You are still very early in your post operative healing period. Allow more time to pass before any decisions are made.

Breast swelling or symmastia?

+1

At three weeks post-op from breast augmentation, you certainly will have swelling and your implants may be a bit high, but without an exam I can't say what is going on.

Symmastia or swelling?

+1

It is impossible to give you an opinion without photos. On a side note--I assume your surgeon is certified in plastic surgery? You must be careful because a physician may perform plastic surgery and be "certified" in family medicine!

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia or Swelling?

+1

Not possible to give a useful answer without a photo. Most likely if there were symmastia it would have been apparent to your surgeon at the post op visits, so on that basis I would guess no.

Do ask your surgeon this question at the next visit. Thanks and best wishes.

Symmastia after breast augmentation.

+1

Thank you for your question. It will take some time to determine if you will develop a symmastia. Using a wide implant in a woman with a narrow chest can increase the risk of a symmastia. However, there is often some swelling between the breasts in these cases that can persist for several weeks that can mimic a symmastia. My advice would be to give it more time and let the breasts heal. Hopefully there will be sufficient tissue between the breasts that has maintained its attachment to the chest wall to avoid a problem. No amount of pushing will help this re-attach.

If a symmastia does develop, there are potential solutions that can re-create the space between the breasts and the medial contour of the breasts. Most of these involve the use of a dermal matrix.

I hope that everything works out well.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon