Symmastia repair - UK doctor recommendations?

Could you please recommend a UK doctor for symmastia repair. We are having trouble finding someone with good symmastia repair experience. I would be very grateful. Thankyou
Here's a link to doctors in your area.

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced.  Sorry that I cannot provide you with specific names; you are wise in selecting your plastic surgeon carefully when it comes to this type was reconstructive breast surgery. Successful correction of symmastia,  in my opinion  does require some experience; again,  I would suggest that you do your due diligence carefuly when it comes to selecting your surgeon for  this type of revisionary breast surgery.  Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work helping patients in your situation.

In my practice, having used a variety of “techniques” for correction of symmastia, I find that the most reliable technique involves capsulorrhaphy ( internal suture repair of the breast implant pockets along the cleavage area).  In the past, I preferred the use of permanent suture; more recently, I have had good success with the use of longer-lasting absorbable suture. Sometimes, the use of acellular dermal matrix ( and more recently biosynthetic “mesh") may be helpful also, in some cases where the tissues are very thin. Often, it is necessary to “open” the breast implant pocket laterally (outer breast fold) to allow for positioning of the implant centrally behind the breast mound. This maneuver may also decrease the amount of implant pressure against the medial suture line.  These maneuvers also serve to better position the nipple/areola complexes, centered on the breast mounds.   When it comes to selecting a breast implant size/profile to be utilized, patients should remember that the first priority is safety and prevention of recurrence of the breast implant malposition problem. You may find the attached link (dedicated to symmastia corrective surgery) helpful to you as you learn more about the options available.

I work in the US but we have international members in the Aesthetic Society!

+1
Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS