Symmastia Repair 2nd BA?

i am my first day post my second ba, i had symmastia so i went in for correction, i've noticed that the cleavage area is still a little high, i have gone under muscle with internal sutures to correct the symmastia, my dr. fixed me with something like a thong bra, and said it just needs sometime because the sutures alone do not return the midline to chest, needs the thong bra. i am very worried, i am afraid the surgery has failed and i am stuck with symmastia again

Symmastia repair concerns

+1

Thank you for your question.  You are extremely early in the post-operative time period.  Your breasts and surrounding tissue are likely very swollen and you will not be able to appreciate the end result because of this.  It is important to stay in close contact with your surgeon and voice your concerns with him or her.  They will be your best advocate and can assist you along the way as you heal. 

Good luck.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Synmastia repair

+1

It is far too early to assess the success of the operation.

Did your surgeon change the pocket from above the muscle to below the muscle? Or from under the muscle to a pocket called "neosubpectoral"? 

If so then you should be pretty confident that you won't get a recurrence of your synmastia.

The key is that he/she has changed the pocket and has not used the same one.

Good luck

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Post-op symmastia

+1

Yes, you have to give it time to heal. Day 1 after surgery is not the time to worry too much. Be patient.

Early post op symmastia questions best answered by your surgeon

+1

It is too early to tell much about the success of symmastia repair 2 days out, and your own plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you about what is normal. If you switched from over to under the muscle then there is a high chance that the procedure will be successful, but also normal for there to be swelling.

Concerns after Symmastia Repair?

+1

Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be of much help to you. Given your anxiety, best to run your questions/concerns by your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best. He/she will be your best source of information and/or meaningful reassurance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_symmastia.htm

Symmastia Repair 2nd BA? Asked by s11

+1

It is really hard to comment without enough information, and a frontal photo is the bare minimum. An actual exam is most valuable, so  asking your question of your surgeon is far more likely to produce a useful answer than is asking if of surgeons who have never seen you.

All the best.