Symmastia? (photo)

I'm 4 weeks post-op. HP 300cc silicone unders. One pic is 3-4 days post-op, the other is ~3.5 wk post-op. Would this be considered symmastia? I can press down on the tissue in the center to touch the breast plate. I have a visit with my PS soon, but would like to hear other opinions. Thanks

Symmastia?

+1

Scully13,  I can not make a full opinion on this without looking at your before photos.  Some patients have breasts that sit closer together verses others.  Implant placement depends on your measurements that your surgeon should have taken preoperative.  Make sure that your surgeon did not use an implant that is too wide or too big for your God given breast folds.  

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

You do not have a true symmastia

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. Since the skin in the cleavage area is still attached to your sternum or breast bone, you do not have true symmastia. Symmastia is called uni boob because the implants have no separation between them. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/breast-implant-revision-how-to-fix-breast-implant-problems/

Synmastia

+1

Hi.  It would be helpful to see your pre op photos but I would bet that your cleavage was close then too.  If you pushed your breasts together pre op, then you would see that you had a close cleavage.  You are able to touch your breast bone now and therefore, there is not a connection between the breast pockets and besides this, a milder form of synmastia (where the surgeon tries to get a closer cleavage for a patient.....dangerous move !) is also not present.  This milder form of synmastia will change the cleavage position to have it off center and yours is centered nicely.  Some patients would give anything to have this cleavage !!     You are still early in the post op period and you may have more pushing of the cleavage from the implants being under the muscle, esp with the high profiles.  Give it time...you will be surprised at the changes.  Stay close to your ps and you will have the right answers.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

No Symmastia

+1

Thanks for the photos.  If you can not push one implant clearly to the opposite side then you do not have symmastia.  Your result appear to be good.

Dr. ES

Synmastia?

+1

Your breast implants are quite close together but this is not synmastia.  Synmastia is when the two implant capsules erode into each other.  There appears to be enough soft tissue present to prevent this from happening.  

SYMMASTIA?

+1

No you do not have Symmastia. As the other plastic surgeons mentioned, Symmastia is when the two breast pockets become "one" and create a sort of "Uni-boob" look. You just have a very nice cleavage!

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation & Symmastia

+1

What you have is... really great cleavage!  With symmastia, your implants would have a pocket which is connected, which means, you would be able to move the implants back and forth from side to side.  I bet your breasts were really close together to begin with - but with implants and enlarging the area, they became even closer. You look great!

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia?

+1

Hi, it doesn't look like symmastia which is where the integrity of the two SEPARATE breast pockets is breached in the midline forming a communication between left and right! Yours just look very close together.

London Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

+1

Your breasts appear to be in separate pockets with the skin adherent to the chest wall in the sternum area. Although your breasts are close together, you do not have symmastia. If you would like more space between the implants, wearing a thong bra can help. You can find them  online

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

Symmastia or Breast Close Together?

+1

Based on your pictures, you do not have symmastia but rather implants that are close together. This appears to be a normal result. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon