3 Weeks PO to Treat Symmetry Issues, And They're Stil Uneven. What Can I Expect From My Final Result?

I had a ba 3 weeks ago to correct a naturally unsemetrical breasts. My right breast was approx 1 1/2 cup sizes smaller than the left. My ps used becker implants and filled the left pocket with the minimum and the right pocket with the max. I am finding that my right is still significantly larger than the right. I also had a lift on the left side. Is it possible that the right is more swollen b/c it had more done to it or am I unrealistic in thinking that my ps was able to achieve symetry?

Residual breast asymmetry can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

Don't do anything for at least four months, but it does sound like you will need a revision, I am sorry to say.  Instead of Becker implants, I would recommend using sterile sizers during surgery to actually see which size silicone implant goes best in each breast to give you symmetry.

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

At 3 weeks after surgery it is much too early to evaluate the end results of your procedure;  you may find that as time goes on the breast symmetry will improve.  Variables such as swelling and implant movement/settling are involved.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too  small and/or asymmetric.  Again, many of these concerns dissipate with time.

Understanding  that absolute symmetry of the breasts can never be promised and or necessarily achieved, I would suggest you wait at least 6 additional months before you  evaluate the end results of surgery  and/or consider revisionary surgery.   

In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Asymmetry 3 weeks post breast augmentation

+1
Asymmetry at three weeks post breast augmentation is not unusual. You should wait for three to six months to allow the results to develop. Perfect symmetry is unlikely. Everyone has some asymmetry of their breasts (size, shape, nipple position, areola shape, projection, base width, etc). If you end up with significant volume difference, you can consider placing a larger implant on the smaller side. You should discuss your concerns and future options with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon