Sylouette Threadlift, Cheek Implants, Minilift Vs. Threadlift. What is Better for my Nasolabial Folds? (photo)

I am a 46 yo female that underwent jaw and zygoma reduction and I also had Buccal fat removal. I am mostly happy with the results, but my nasolabial folds have been slightly accentuated and I feel that the front of my face is too flat. I'd like a face shape with high cheeks protuding to the front, not to the sides like I used to have which made my face too wide. I don't want fillers because I dread the "pillowy" look like Madonna. People guess my age @20's, so I am very leery of looking madeup

Sylouette Threadlift, Cheek Implants, Minilift Vs. Threadlift. What is Better for my Nasolabial Folds?

+4

thanks for all the posted photos. I agree 100% with Dr Prendiville, try fillers or fat grafting before aggressive operative interventions. 

+2

IMHO, any thread lift or suspension method won't last or give reliable results...nor will a cheek lift.  Your anterior (front) cheek volume is flat and much flatter than your target picture provided. The only way for you to have a fuller cheek volume permanently would be to have Cheek Implants.  

Nasolabial Folds Respond Well to Fillers

+2

The nasolabial fold is a normal part of facial anatomy that does not respond well to surgical intervention.  Attempts at effacing this fold with a Facelift or Mini-lift lead to a stretching of the corners of the mouth, which looks unnatural.  Thread-lifts, which have been widely discredited, will not provide a durable result and don't help much with the nasolabial fold.  A subperiostal midface lift may help to some degree, but doesn't really address the core of the problem, which is volume loss between the junction of the cheek and upper lip (which is partially related to the previous orthognathic procedures).  I feel that the best option is volume replacement with fillers (Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm), or Sculptra.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon