What Size to Achieve my Goal? (photo)

What do I need to achieve my goal look in the photo attached (wouldn't mind being a bit smaller but this shape is great)? Going for revision, current implants 300cc, anatomical, moderate profile, 12.3cm high, 11.7cm wide...i want cleavage and never to wear a padded bra again. Ps recommends 12.9cm base wigh and wide 410 HP, Mentor or Silimed anatomical implants, what would this achieve? I have not yet showed him this photo. Should I ask for more? Any advice before my final consult?

Best Breast Implant Size for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

Assuming you have chosen (and communicated with) your plastic surgeon carefully, I would suggest that you allow him/her to guide you when it comes to the best breast implant size/profile that will help you achieve your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery after the use of temporary sizers.

Based on viewing your pictures and your “goal pictures”, you should be aware that the results of your breast augmentation revisionary surgery will likely not look very similar to the goal pictures you have selected. Realistically, you should expect results of your revision breast surgery to be a larger version of what you already have ( you will not necessarily have the additional skin  or lower breast pole “droop"  that is visible in the goal pictures you have posted).

I would suggest that you discuss “realistic expectations” concerns with your plastic surgeon as well. Also, make sure you learn about the potential risks/complications associated with “anatomic” implants.

What Size Will 110 cc Add to Breasts?

+2

The picture on the left is probably 250 cc larger than what you are now.  This would be about 550 cc implant.

What Size to Achieve my Goal?

+1

The patient in the goal photo has a breast shape so different from yours that I would suggest ignoring it.

Your breasts are somewhat wider apart than average, and that will make it not possible to get the kind of cleavage that you desire. But you do have a natural appearing breast shape, and that is a plus. 

Assuming that your surgeon has measured your breast width and come to the 12.9 cm recommendation, that may limit your sizing options. I am aware that the available implants are different in the US, but here you could go up to 500 cc using high profile implants, and maybe 600 with extra high profile, without choosing an implant wider than your breast. However, your breast skin looks rather tight ( a good thing) and that may limit the amount of size increase. 

Since you already have implants, trying more on will not be helpful if finding a goal size. A "rice test" can be useful--fill stockings with rice, spreading them around your breasts and then wearing a stretchable sports bra. Measure the volume that gets you to your goal, and communicate that to your surgeon, who can use that info to help make a recommendation.

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

What Size to Achieve my Goal?

+1

The desired result compared to your personal anatomy would be very hard to achieve. I would consider the Sientra implants or UHP Mentors in the 425 cc range. 

Best Size Breast Implants to Achieve Goals

+1

Communication with your plastic surgeon is key in helping you achieve your desired results for breast augmentation.  Often there are size limitations based on your own anatomy.  These are discussions that need to take place before your surgery.  In our office we use 3D imaging to give a fairly accurate representation of what size of implant may be most appropriate for you.  It will be a better representation because it is an image of your own body image as opposed to a picture of someone else.  I hope this is helpful.  Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

What Size of Breast Implant to Achieve my Goal?

+1

Thanks for the question and with good pictures. Your skin is tight on you now and the expected result has relaxed skin. That means adding 110 cc more or even adding another 200 cc more will give your larger breast but not like the one expected. If this is good for you in general addition of 200 cc adds one cup size up. You seem to have tight skin and muscles over the central bone of the chest (Sternum) and to create a cleavage in that area perhaps may not be that easy.
Your plastic surgeon is the best judge and these advices are just to keep some ideas in mind when you see him for final consultation.
Wishing you all the best.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

+1

Unfortunately you can never achieve the same result as your goal picture because your anatomy is different. You have limited cleavage because of your anatomy.

Breast augmentation sizing should be based on biodimensions

+1

I think you should have your plastic surgeon select some implants for you and try them on in an unstructured bra in front of the mirror. Decide which size is too big and which is too small for you. Your 'ideal' size is somewhere in between that range. This is how I've been sizing my own patients.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS