What Result to Expect?

BA booked, will be using 470cc high profile anatomical implants. What approx size and shape will this give me? I am 5"5 and weigh 143 lbs. I have a curvy build, moderate chest diameter, size 34A with moderate to small amounts of breast tissue.

Minimize scar using circumareola approach

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you had 470 cc implants placed you would go up 4.7 cup sizes, from an A to an approximate size F, which is too large.  Remember that your body may not be able to accommodate that size of an implant (470 cc weighs over a pound).  I recommend you reconsider the size, a 200 to 300 cc implant may be more appropriate.  The profile of implant is irrelevant when placed retro-pectoral because the muscle determines the profile not the implant.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs.  Often, it is best to do a lift at the same time to increase projection, upper pole fullness and cleavage.  This can all be done through a circumareola approach to minimize scars.  You may be a candidate for Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

470 cc What Size if Starting with A cup?

+1

If you are a full A cup, you will likely be some sort of D cup.  In general, 200 cc to 250 cc will increase a patient by one cup size.

Hard to imagine results

+1

without a photo, it's nearly impossible to tell you what you might look like after surgery.  See if you can find a surgeon who uses Vectra 3D imaging--you'll be able to see your "after" photo before you ever have surgery!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Implants

+1

This is hard to answer. The proper sizing depends on your breast width, chest width and anatomy, height and weight.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

What size will I be after implants

+1

It's a guess only. But if you are as you say you are,I'm guessing you'll be a full d cup.

Good luck!

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question.  The utilization of a specific breast implant size or profile will not necessarily  achieve a specific cup size.  In my practice, I ask patients to communicate with the help of goal pictures of exactly what they would like to achieve, as well as what they consider to be too small or too big.  I then select the best breast implant size/profile that will most closely approximate their goals during surgery.

You may be able to get an idea of what to expect ( roughly), by using sizers under your bra at your plastic surgeon's office.

Again, pre-operative communication of your goals will be critical when it comes to a successful outcome.

What Result to Expect?

+1

Unfortunately it is not that easy. Implant volume does not correlate to size and without photos, it would be impossible to even estimatet his for you. But at your height and weight, the size is not unreasonable.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What to expect with 470 cc implants

+1

To give yourself an idea how the 470 cc implants will look, you shoudl do a baggy test and see how they look in a loose fitting bra and tight t-shirt.