Can I travel 7 days after a Brazilian Butt Lift, from Miami to Sydney?

This would involve a flight to LA and then 14 hours to sydney. Is that at all doable or would i be putting myself at risk of clots and necrosis?

+1
Thank you for your question .
You should stay at least another week and sit on a boppy pillow for your flight. 
Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Travel after BBL

+1
Determining when to travel after a brazilian butt lift from Florida to Sydney is something to discuss with your surgeon. It is a very long trip and one thing we all worry about is developing a deep vein thrombosis or a clot in your leg that can lead to a pulmonary embolus.  I will usually allow my patients to travel after about a week as long as they look like they are healing well.

Long flights after BBl increase risk of clot or fat necrosis.

+1
Doing this much sitting in cramped conditions (even first class) for this many hours after surgery increases your risks for both fat necrosis and fatal blood clots. If you can afford to travel from Australia to Miami for surgery, you can afford to stay in town for at least an additional week to ensure the lowest possible risk for these complications. Longer is even better.

Fat necrosis diminishes or damages your results, and blood clots can kill you. Which of these do you prefer?

Honestly, you already know the answer to your question, and getting someone to validate your poor choice to travel too soon after surgery does not eliminate your risk. You might  be able to drive over 150kph without a seat belt at night on a deserted highway, but what if a dingo crosses the road just as you pass by? Does this make sense? Of course it's "doable," but do you really want to risk your life or outcome? I thought so.

Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1
    I have international patients who fly in and out of Los Angeles International Airport all the time.  Your surgeon should be comfortable with giving you advice on this.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

I recommend at least 14 days...

+1

Thanks for your question. 

The 14 hours flight is not the issue, as you can stand and walk most of the time during your flight in order to avoid complications. It's more of a recovery period issue, and complications that can occur after 7 days. If you are able to change your returning flight, try to spend at least 14 days in the city where you've been operated. 

Good luck on your journey, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD