Is my tip swollen or was it sculpted to look like this? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty on 23.12.13 and have noticed my nose looks like a little "sausage" post rhinoplasty. My surgeon was to remove the hump and refine my "boxy" tip, and straighten my septum. Is this shape due to swelling or is it likely it was sculpted to look this way?

Swelling one month after rhinoplasty

+2
It is way too early to see the final results of your rhinoplasty. It will take a year and sometimes longer for all the swelling to go away.

Is my tip swollen or was it sculpted to look like this?

+1
In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. I would recommend giving it some time, as the nose will continue to change as you heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions in the meantime, as he or she know the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1
The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1
It really is much too early to determine what is swelling and what is actual surgical reshaping done to the nose. You must understand that it takes at last one year of healing to see the final results from rhinoplasty surgery. In some cases, it takes even longer. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty swelling takes 1year to go away.

+1
Rhinoplasty swelling takes 1year to go away and see the final result. Be patient and let's see it at 9 mo's.