Swollewn Bags After 2 Months? (photo)

Hi,i'm 40 and I'm 2 months post transconj lower eyelid so no scar and no skin removed.Just fat bags remvd.Swelling some day is more noticeable,others less.On natural light everything seems good but under artific light everyone can see my swollenbags.Friends ask me "are you well today?Have you good sleep tonight?"and i'm so sad.My surgeon tell me to wait at least other 4 months.In your experience will it resolve?I'm italian,i heard about malar bags? What are exactly(i didn't find the italian translation)?

Swollewn Bags After 2 Months? (photo)

+1

I agree that you should wait 6 months to see if the problem is swelling or not.  A good examination might be able to differentiate between swelling and another problem, nevertheless, I still would advise you to wait.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bags after eyelid surfery

+1

Your surgeon is correct in asking you to wait for all swelling to resolve.  Generally, most swelling after trans conjunctival lower Blepharoplasty is gone by 3 months but in some patients it can take up to 6 months.  It is possible your surgeon was conservative and there may be additional fat present and sometimes deeper fat can come to the surface.  It is easier to remove additional fat at a later date than to have to replace it if too much was removed.  Follow you surgeon's advice at this time.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Swelling

+1

I do not think you have malar bags (fat in the upper cheek with a significant crease).  The eyelid area retain swelling a bit longer and take a little more time to resolve.  Continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and over time you will be fine,

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Swollen lower lids two months post op

+1
Normally swelling should not be excessive at 2 months.  The fact that you have days when your eyelids look good and others when they do not is encouraging.  Many factors influence this: excercise, diet, hydration, for instance. 
By the photos, the swelling does not appear to be "malar bags" which are limited to the cheek and not the eyelid itself.  At this point, the only thing to do is have patience and wait this out.  Good luck.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Swollen after surgery

+1

Most swelling should be improved 2 months after but at this point all you can do is give it another 4 months and see. Good luck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Swelling 2 months after lower blepharoplasty

+1

It can take several months for swelling to resolve after lower blepharoplasty.  Since your surgery was performed two months ago, I would recommend waiting at least another four months to see how the swelling progresses.  Your pictures do not show malar bags, as these are lower on the upper part of the cheek.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon