Swollen, Hard, Tender Under Chin 10 Days After Smartlipo, Is This Normal?

Had smartlipo on chin area only 10 days ago. Been taking Arnica Montana starting 2 days before surgery, drinking lots of water, & exercising. Chin is bigger then before surgery, seems to remain or get a little bigger every day. Wore compression garment first 2 days, then 12 hours per day after. Garment too big, so I wore it a bit tighter because it didn't feel supportive. Could I have caused scar tissue by wearing it too tight? Is it okay to still wear it? Do my symptoms sound concerning?

LIPO

+1

Seems like you are doing everything properly. I would suggest a low salt diet and aggressive massage of the area to help smooth the area out

Smart Lipo for chin area

+1

Some swelling is normal but if it is excessive, it could be caused by several things such as bleeding or more likely by a seroma, a collection of fluid caused more frequently with a laser liposuction like SmartLipo. In either case, you should go back and see your plastic surgeon. It usually can be drained quite easily.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Swollen Chin after SmartLipo

+1

Based on what you describe, it would be best to be evaluated promptly by your surgeon to make there is no infection.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling under chin

+1

Swellling after liposuction of the chin often is worst at a few days after the procedure and then subsides over the next few weeks. If you fel that you have increased swelling, you may want to see your doctor to make sure everything is ok.

Bigger

+1

There is always swelling after a liposuction procedure like yours. I doubt that you caused any harm with your garment. If your swelling is really worse consult your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Larger chin 10 days after smart lipo

+1

Hi KT.  It's usual to have increased swelling after any type of liposuction procedure.  Swelling increases for the first two days then begins to recede gradually.  If the involved area is still getting larger at ten days after surgery, I would suggest that you return to your surgeon for an immediate evaluation.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.josephtogbamd.com

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Possibility of infection

+1

Some firmness and swelling after SmartLipo is normal with Smartlipo. The swelling should subside after a few days, though the firmness can persist for a few months. If your swelling is increasing you should see you doctor to make sure you re not developing an infection. With regard to the garment. If the swelling seems to improve when you leave it off for a while then you probably have your answer as to whether it is too tight.