Swollen Top and Crooked Tip 2 Months After Rhino, When Will I See The Final Result? (photo)

Hi. I had a rhinoplasty carried out on the 16th Dec 2011. When the cast came off it looked really nice and I was so pleased. I have attached the pic but as the weeks go by I have noticed that my nose seems to be really swollen which I am trying to be patient about but it also seems to be really out of shape on the right side of the tip like it is bent. I have added the pics to help but my doc said I just need to keep massaging but it just doesnt seem to be helping and I am really worried

Swollen Top and Crooked Tip 2 Months After Rhino, When Will I See The Final Result?

+2

The nsoe can be swollen unevenly for 6 months or longer after Rhinoplasty.  Discuss this with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as well as ways to decrease this residual swelling.  We have all of our Rhinoplasty patients perform daily manual lymphatic drainage, of the nose, starting at 1 month post Rhinoplasty to decrease residual nasal swelling.

Noses take 6-12 months to heal.

+2

Having said that your nose does indeed go to the right and massage won't help. ItI would wait til 6 months and see another revision rhinoplasty surgeon,

Crooked 2 months after surgery

+2

I agree with you that it looks a bit more swollen than earlier. It might be a little collection of fluid, like a cyst, or old blood. If so it could be easily drained with a little needle. If it's hard it might be some early scar tissue that might be able to be treated with a little bit of steroid injection. I doubt it's an infection because the skin is not red or tender. Send the photos to your doc, or better yet, make an appointment to be seen. 

Ronald Schuster, MD

Asymmetrical and Crooked Tip 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Massage will not improve your asymmetrical and crooked tip. You will need a revision, but wait another 9-10 months for the swelling to resolve. Select a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty.

You may want to get a second opinion about the appearance of your nose, 2 months following Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Frankly, I can't explain the changes your nose has taken over the last two months. It's certainly too early to consider revision rhinoplasty right now. The earliest this could be performed is 6 months post-op, but if your nose is still swollen at that time, it may be best for you to wait a year.

At this point, you may want to consult an expert rhinoplasty surgeon to help you sort this out and see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon