Swollen Tip 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

Ciao... I had a nose job 5 weeks ago but the tip of my nose is still very swollen , is that normal ? and one side of the tip seems more swollen than the other one. Can i expect a real change soon ? Thank you Lilou

Rhinoplasty - asymmetric swelling

+1

Lilou,

5 weeks is too soon to tell what your final nasal shape will be. It's also not uncommon for the nasal swelling to go down on one side of the nose faster than the other. So don't worry! Be patient. It will take a few months before you will see the final result. If you have any concerns, you should definitely talk to your rhinoplasty surgeon. I'm sure he or she will be happy to discuss with you any questions you may have.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Rhinoplasty and Swelling After Surgery

+1

The biggest complaint about rhinoplasty is visibility of swelling after the procedure, and that it lasts for months (officially 1 year).  Thus, 5 weeks after surgery, it is very common to have continued swelling and especially in the tip.  This will gradually diminish and allow for a more accurate assessment of the final result after more time has passed.  Most surgeons will wait a full year prior to embarking on any revisionary procedures.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Nasal tip still swollen 6 weeks after nose job

+1

This is difficult to predict without knowing the specifics of your surgery. The nose can be swollen for up to 6 months depending on what was done and your anatomical limitations.