Supra-Tip Depression 1 Month Post-Op- Final Result?

I'm 1 month post-op, I had an open septorhinoplasty with strut placement in the columella. The bridge of my nose is perfectly straight, the tip and supra-tip are very firm and hard as well, but I wonder about the supra-tip depression. Is this straight bridge due to swelling? Will the supra-tip break be visible afterwards? when? Thank you.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+2

At one month after septo-rhinoplasty you still have some healing to do. Rhinoplasty recovery is prolonged, especially at the tip. It can take a year of more for the "final" result to be revealed. Typically, after 3 months the dorsum is soft and mobile, but the tip remains firm. The swelling tends to resolve from the top down. If you try to gently slide the skin on the dorsum of your nose side-to-side, you can tell to what level the scar has matured. You can expect the nose to decrease in size and for more details to become visible as you continue to heal. You surgeon has the best idea of what the final result will be, be certain to discuss your concerns with them.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

I am sure that your surgeon explained that it takes months to a year to be satisfied that you are looking at the final result.  That is what I tell my patients and yet they voice concerns about their appearance much sooner.  It is only natural to want to see the final result at this stage.  However, it is not the logical thing to do.  Trust in the process and know that you will have ongoing subtle changes for months to come.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Supra tip position in rhinoplasty

+1

At this time, it is too early to tell whether or not you will have the supratip break you desire. I would discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon. He/she may wish to consider kenalog injections to the supratip if scar tissue is developing to help create the break you are looking for or he/she may decide it is just swelling and conservative treatment like taping may be in order.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon