Swollen Skin on Bridge 2½ Months After Rhinoplasty, Normal?

I had a nose job 11 weeks ago to narrow my bridge(only by rasping)and to define my tip. My surgeon got rid of the periosteum on my bridge and softened the bony edges a bit. Right now I'm worried how the bridge looks bigger than pre op. The corners are softer though. But if I "stretch" the bridge's skin to the sides, the bridge looks a lot better. But if I feel the nose, it feels hard...Like there's no swelling on top. I have thick skin, so is it possible that I still have swelling on the bridge?

Thick skin at 11 weeks

+1

11 weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery, especially if you have thick skin - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is common after rhinoplasty. Two months after surgery it is quite common to have swelling it may take 6 months to a year.

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1
It is still early in the recovery phase to determine what is swelling versus your results. Since your surgeon is aware of the exact procedure performed, your skin thickness, and how much was rasped and reduced it is best that you go in for post operative follow up so that he/she can help put your mind at ease and answer these questions. In general it is to soon to fully determine your result as it can take a full year for all swelling to fully dissipate. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD