Swollen and Numb After Laser Lipo

This is my 3rd time having laser lipo done on my waist and upper arms. The diff is, in the past, i did incured a great amount of pain but this time, i only feel very numb(it's the first day after laser lipo)and swollen of course. Is it normal?

Numb after liposuction

+1

immediate numbness is quite normal and can take days to diminish, sometimes it is spotty and numb for weeks to months, especially if surgery is done in the same site on multiple occasions.

Swelling after laser lipo

+1

just remember every time you have surgery in the same area you often will experience more swelling and prolonged recovery to some degree. Numbness is common with any surgery including liposuction

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD