Swollen Nose After Cigarette?

Two weeks later i had rhinoplasty i smoked nearly 10 cigarettes in 5 days and my nose started to swell.It has been 3 weeks now but whenever i smoke a cigarette one or two hours later my nose starts to swell.Why is this happening ?

Swollen Nose After Cigarette?

+1

You need to be examined by your surgeon and discontinue smoking.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Stop Smoking

+1

The toxins you inhale while smoking, most notably nicotine, have a variety of short and long term negative effects on your body and health. Nicotine causes vasoconstriction which can significantly impair healing after surgery (thats why we always recommend you stop smoking prior to and after surgery). Basically, there is nothing good that happens when smoking. Your nose is telling you this in a very obvious and explicit manner. 

On a personal level, you have invested time and money in elective surgery. The quality of your outcome is directly tied to smoking cessation. You did something nice for yourself by having a rhinoplasty. Why not do take this chance to do something even better for your self and quit smoking?