Still Very Swollen 2 Months After Rhinoplasty

I had closed rhinoplasty two months ago and i am not very happy with the results. I have an apparent bump on the bridge which i wanted removed. My doctor assures me it is swelling but he is not very convincing. Do i need to consider revision? How can i speed up the process of removing swelling ?

Concerned about the results of a closed rhinoplasty at 2 months

+2

Typically it can take 9 months to a year for the swelling to resolve after a closed rhinoplasty. At 2 months, you are still quite early in the healing process. Be patient (which can be difficult to do)!

At around 9 months you will have a much better idea of the result and whether or not a revision would be reasonable.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Post Rhinoplasty swelling

+2

It will take at least 6 months for the swelling to resolve after rhinoplasty. This would be longer if you had thick nasal skin. I would not consider a revision until that time as it may increase scar tissues and complicate the healing process. You may see changes beyond 6-9 months after your surgery. So, be patient and let your body take care of repairs so that you will be able to judge the result better.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early for rhinoplasty revision?

+2

At two months, it would be better to wait and allow all swelling to resolve before considering a revision. A steroid injection may help. Discuss with your surgeon and give it a few more months.

Web reference: http://DrGutowski.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Swollen after 2 months for rhinoplasty

+2

I feel that it takes a good 6 months for swelling to start to get close to normal.  That being said, I do think that large amounts of swelling in the supratip area, just above the tip on the bridge, warrant steroid injections sooner rather than later.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Post-Op

+1

It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post-rhinoplasty recovery phase. It is usually six months before you will see the end results. At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post surgery

+1

At two months post-surgery, it is way too early to determine whether or not you need a revision. Give it about a year for the swelling to come down.

Bump on supratip 2 months after rhinoplasty

+1

There is likely still some swelling contributing to the bump you're noticing, though it is difficult to fully assess without seeing it in person.

Depending on what your bridge looked like before surgery the fullness may also be persistent cartilage or scar tissue. A steroid or 5-FU injection may help if there's scar tissue.

I would wait untilabout a year after surgery to make an assessment of your result and decide if a revision procedure would be indicated.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

From the pics, your nose looks quite swollen.  I would give it at least 9-months prior to really starting to evauate your results.  All the best, Dr. Vartanian.

Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon