What Should I Do with my Swollen Lip?

Please help!! I had collagen (restylane) lip filler injected into my top lip. I had the normal swelling for about 6 days then it was fine. This is the 3rd week and now my lip is very swollen and stiff and I look awful! What can I do? I hate looking in the mirror:(

Lip filler

At 3 weeks unless you had a very large amount of filler placed, you should not look like this. Go see your doctor to be evaluated.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

The swelling and stiffness at this late date is abnormal...it's time to see your doctor

the most likely cause is too much quantity injected into the area and maybe it's also too close to the surface...there's always the possibility of an infection but that's really much less common...the possibility of an allergic reaction, again not very common...the possibility of renewed bleeding, again not a likely issue...so back to the original option...less than optimal placement of the product...and a well trained doctor will know just what to do...help is on the way...

Ken Landow, MD

10080 Alta Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89145

Swelling after lip filler

You may have an infection when the swelling is occuring that late after the injections.

Treatment is disolve the Restylane, antibiotics and if there is an abscess it needs to be opened and drained

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Lip swelling after Restylane

I would hope that you have seen your doctor, and you had this procedure done by a board certified plastic surgeon. A medication called hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve the product. 

Hayley Brown, MD, FACS

10001 South Eastern Ave.
Henderson, NV 89052