Swollen Hips Like a Bump from Lipo is It Normal?

I had a liposuction with a buttocks transfer done a month ago. Now the swelling has gone down a lot but it still hurts somewhat but I have the side of my hips still swollen like a bump on both sides and I don’t like that.Is that normal is that going to stay like that or is it just still swollen from the surgery ?. I have done lymphatic drainage massages, I wear the post surgical body shaper 24/7 but I’m kind of getting marks from sitting downs too. Is that going to go away?

Swelling after liposuction

+1

It is normal to have lumps and bumps after liposuction. Give it time, it takes about 6 months for the inflammation to settle. 

Postop Swelling

+1
It sounds like you still have postoperative swelling from either the liposuction or fat transfer site.  All of the strategies you are trying including compression and lymphatic drainage massage will help but not completely resolve the problem. The edema will resolve over the next couple of months as the body heals. Best wishes on your recovery.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon