I Am Swollen Hard and Red Where Drains Were Pulled...its Painful.. Is This Normal?

Drain incision tenderness

+1

It is not unusual for the area around the drain incision to be firm, hard and tender.  Gentle management and cleaning is all that is needed.  You will also want to protect it from irritation from your clothing.  

+1

Yes, this is normal for most patients. Pictures would be nice. The is always a chance of infection so see your PS and have him look at it.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Swollen Hard and Red Where Drains Were Pulled...its Painful.

+1

How swollen and red is hard to tell from words alone--a photo would help. But best is a call to your surgeon, who can decide whether you need to be seen or just reassured. All the best. 

Undo pain at the drain side after removal should be brought to the attention of the plastic surgeon.

+1

The drain side can be a bit painful even after removal. If it is significant however this should be reported to your plastic surgeon.