Swollen Eyelids...since 2 Years? (photo)

my left eyelids (right in the pictures) are a bit red and swollen. They've been like this since 2 years, I tried different treatments (consulted my GP and 3 ophthalmologists + allergy and blood tests) but nothing has changed. What could it be? Could it be water retention?

Don't be tricked into surgery because of modest functional symptoms.

+1

The provided photographs do not demonstrate anything that creates concern. You may have sensitive eyes which would probably be aggravated by surgery. I suggest you continue conservative symptomatic treatment.

You are also ptotic on the left side.

+1

A GP and even three ophthalmologist are probably the wrong specialists to consult regarding these issues.  You need to search out a detailed oriented oculoplastic surgeon who does a large volume of aesthetic surgery.  That is going to be a tall order.  The place to start is the American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery website.  They have a regional directory that will help you find a well qualified surgeon.  I would not venture a guess regarding your concerns without the benefit of an in depth personal consultation.